Security Basics mailing list archives

SYN SCAN

From: "Anirudhya Mitra" <quartz_blue () HotPOP com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:14:48 +0530

Sorry,
Forgot to tell you about my OS..
Yes, It is WinXP but am not using SP2.

--------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE ----------

Dear List,

( I really do not know if this is the right place to ask >this question..
so
please pardon me, if I am wrong )

I am looking for any available TUTORIAL, SOURCE >CODE (and not binary) etc.
in the internet that can do a SYN scanning thru a >WindowsXP box using the
Winsock 2 Socket API implementation (ie, using >SOCK_RAW)

I have searched Google, Yahoo, AltaVista, Askjeeves >etc. but did not find
suitable one (or whatever I found failed to run under >WinXP box). I have
Winsock 1.1 programming experience in Win98 along >with Raw Socket
experience
in Linux.

I have seen Nmap coding.. but as Nmap is supposed >to do a lot of things,
and
not only syn scan, the code is a bit lenthy. More over >it uses WinPcap (
Windows Packet Capture Architecture ) which I do >NOT want to use. I want
implement only Raw Sockets.

I have been using RedHat for the past 4 years, and I >recently converted to
WinXP professional for a particular client side >requirement. That is, my
Windows knowledge is not very good (only some >common Windows programming
experience).

Thanking you in anticipation,

Anirudhya Mitra.