Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: block MSN Messenger

From: Joe Hood <joe.hood () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:55:21 -0400

IPTables seems to work with this:

-A OUTPUT -d 207.46.106.0/255.255.254.0 -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

On 4/26/05, Ryan <ryan () robertslink net> wrote:
There is a way to uninstall MSN messenger, if it is not needed. I did
this on my machine and i have had no problems what so ever.

Put this command line in the Run command window (to get there click on
Start then click on RUN)

Enter this entire string.

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

This string will uninstall MSN messenger from the computer.

Link was found on the internet by searching on google.

Bruyere, Michel wrote:
Hi,
      I tried this but it's not working... For some reasons, the HTTP function still can connect. There is around
50 host where the client can connect to...
Any other ideas?