Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ssh tunneling to bypass web proxy rules

From: Gonzalo Martinez <karmax () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:14:28 +0000

Hi Juan

This is a common "backdoor", the attacker installed some proxy inside
the network, then redirects ssh port to the port he want to use with
the proxy, so now he is accesing like he was INSIDE the network.

To avoid this you must review your fw rules, be MORE STRICT on
outbound traffic, and do a full review of your rules.

Good luck

PS: you can search at google for some papers about this "backdoor"
(you will find a lot)

--
Gonzalo Martinez
Jabber: KarMax () jabber org