Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Building a Company Computer Use/Security Policy

From: Erik Norgaard <norgaard () locolomo org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:22:33 +0100

Samuel S. Kempf wrote:
I've recently taken over the position of I.T. Director for a mid-sized company that has no IT policy of any sort currently in place, aside from a vague mention in the no compete agreement about not giving proprietary data to other companies. One of my prime initiatives at the moment is to implement such a policy, something I've never been responsible for before. Can anyone point me to sites/articles on how to do this? Or, better yet, does anyone know of such a policy available online that I could use as a basis for my company? Any suggestions are most welcome.

You might want to take a look at ITIL:

http://www.ogc.gov.uk/index.asp?id=2261
http://www.itil-itsm-world.com/

the second link has some good links to other sources also. ITIL has become more or less de facto standard reference for IT management, including security.

Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                                  web: www.locolomo.org
S/MIME Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/2004071206.crt