Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web access and e-mail gateway policy

From: Niklaus Schild <n.schild () gmx ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:08:12 +0100

Hello Alvin

I'm aware that it covers just 10% of the policy I need. Thats why I post to this list ;) . I also agree that for a final policy I must mention solutions to those tasks but first I must have an idea of the scope or a collection of issues I must take care of.

The policy should be used for work. The way they will be implemented is then something different. Either one chooses an approproate tool for that or as you said, some features must be implemented. But at the time I don't care about this.

The points you mentioned at the end should not be part of a "web access" or "e-mail gateway" policy. They are also importand but they belong to other policies. What I want to write down are rules to handle the traffic at the gateway either for e-mail or for web.

Thanks!