Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: question regarding exploits

From: Brad Spangler <brad_spangler () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:01:02 -0600

The SHTML file extension is just the typical way you indicate to Apache
that it should parse the document for Server Side Include (SSI)
directives and carry them out before sending the resulting composite
page (output) to the web browser.

You'll want to start by reading this:

Apache Tutorial: Introduction to Server Side Includes
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html

Justin wrote:
Juan,

If i remeber correctly, *.shtml are server side HTML, or something
like that. Examin them with `less' or in vim. You may also try opening
them in firefox.

peace,
--Justin