Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:04:32 +0200

On 2006-04-20 lino70 () interfree it wrote:
HEllo to all users and a Securityfocus Admins...  I have a big
problem: I think that I have to take a malware or others malicious
code on the internet, and after this I have scanned my computer with a
many removal and security tools how Adaware,Spybot S&D,Stinger ecc...
I have removed 3 malware from my computer but remaing a big problem...
I cant connect my pc on internet   :(  My web browser firefox say me
'I cant contact a server'
What i can to make for resolve this problem ?? thanks

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Your computer got compromised and you can never be sure that the tools
you used have detected everything. Thus the only reliable way to get
your box back to a clean state is to backup your data and reinstall the
box.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Der Computer ist da, um zu rechnen, nicht um Ausreden wie 'Kann nicht
durch Null teilen' auf den Bildschirm zu schreiben."