Security Basics mailing list archives

SVCHOST making connection to outside host

From: yogeshpanwar () gmail com
Date: 18 Dec 2006 08:33:41 -0000

Hi,

I have seen one intresting incident where in my laptop svchost.exe TCP 892 is making connection to outside IP
213.200.109.17 port 80
which belongs to Akmai Technologies even is i have not opened Internet explorer. it remain connected for long and after
sometime IP address gets changed eg 213.200.109.18, 213.200.109.19 also all belongs to Akamai Technologies.

I know Akmai Technologies provides web caching services but when i am not even opened my browser then it why it is
still connected.

Does anybody know why its making connection? what is the significance of this or whether their system is compromised.

What to do? I do not have any clue. please help

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh Panwar