Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Tracking down anonymous user

From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:37:03 -0500

mikef () everfast com wrote:
I thought it was odd that outlook didn't display any header information either. I checked for the headers at the recipient's
computer but it's blank. I've been through all the log files that I have and made some adjustments for future requirements. The
part that really has me concerned is that the account used is a high level account which should only be used for SQL processes.

I am not an exchange expert but it seems to me that you should be able to configure it so that service accounts like the one you are referring to cannot send or receive email.
--
Raoul Armfield
rarmfield at amnh dot org