Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux basic authentication?

From: Aman Raheja <araheja () techquotes com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:02:51 -0600

Kerberos can be configured on Linux server and Linux clients can authenticate to it.
The setup is available in many tutorials online - just google it !
By the way, where did you find that kerberos is windows' basic authentication?

redcowboy () nate com wrote:

Hi, All.
I'm studying linux security.
I have two question.
First of all, I heard Kerberos is window basic authentication protocol. then, what's linux(or Unix) basic authentication protocol? if is it there, could you explain how does it work or something.. Seconds, How could I understand Linux security concepts?
I'd ask some advices or recommends.
Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

Greg

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

--

Aman Raheja
Security+, Linux+ Certified.