Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux basic authentication?

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:53:11 -0800

Kerberos is a authentication protocol that uses symmetric keys
(instead of asymmetric). It is not restricted to Windows or Unix in
particular. In fact anything that can be kerberized can be participate
in the a Kerberos environment. Even web-based application can be
kerberized using SPNEGO.

To get a general understanding of how Kerberos works see:
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/?action=viewtopic&id=21

It is a small tutorial on how kerberos works along with graphical
representation of the protocol.

On 14 Feb 2006 17:31:46 +0900(KST), redcowboy () nate com