Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: University Degree or CISSP

From: acicalla01 () hotmail com
Date: 4 Feb 2006 00:02:55 -0000

I currently hold a cissp certification.  I can say that it helped to propel me towards the 100k jobs.  But when it
really comes down to it, as soon as I become a candidate for a postition that is 100k + and my resume get put next to a
person who has a college degree, I don't even get an email back.  I am 27 now and working on a college degree while I
currently hold a CNE, CEH, CISSP, SCTA, and MCP certifications.  But without the degree these are only getting me so
far.  Part of the degree shows a bit about your integrity and if you can set a goal and obtain it by following through
with the 4 years of work that it takes to get the degree.  So in the end if you want more $ and a managerial type
position get the degree you can always get a cissp later.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus