Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: question: Linksys 54G WAP - SSID name change issue

From: "Ray Sawyer" <rays () oscamtechnical com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:58:59 -0500

It is interesting that simply changing the ssid would have such an
effect. Is the new ssid exceptionally long or contain non-standard
characters?

You also did not mention the make of the one or more wireless nics that
are having trouble with the new ssid. Maybe you problem is client side
and not with the access point