Security Basics mailing list archives

Authentication using smartcards

From: mdmisbahuddin () yahoo com
Date: 26 Mar 2006 15:30:56 -0000

Hi,
 Presently i am working on authentication schemes using smartcard without verification table, i have a doubt regarding
Verification table. Could anyone please explain me the difference between Password table and Verification table. Are
they both same ? or Different ? I am asking this question because i have seen some IEEE research papers wherein the
authors have used ID for verification at the server still they say that their scheme does not use verification table.
Plz help me out in this

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus