Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Need for recommendation for setting up a virtual lab

From: "Mark Spivey" <MSpivey () jackhenry com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:43:32 -0600

I couldn't agree more.

The VMware product is an excellent tool for testing security exploits. I
have a book coming out this August (Virtually Hacking, Hacking the
Virtual Computer) which details this procedure in a step-by-step
process. Chapter 1 specifically instructs the reader how too install and
setup virtual Windows and Linux testing machines.

Any CISSP that would like an advanced copy of Chapter 1 may contact me
directly. My only requirement is that as my material is copyrighted it
may not be distributed without my prior approval.

Mark D. Spivey, CISSP