Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?

From: pksf () iment com
Date: 9 Nov 2006 22:33:31 -0000

Perhaps you could use iptables' DNAT mechanism to redirect DNS requests to a DNS "proxy server" that modifed the
built by configuring existing DNS servers (I tried intercepting certain sub-domains via BIND, but it seems BIND isn't
designed for that), but you can always write code. If the load is light, it could be done in Perl (for example),
otherwise compiled C (or C++, if you prefer that) would be needed.