Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?

From: Florian Rommel <frommel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:41:26 +0200

honestly , I have worked with iptables in really complex environments for many years, i never have heard of manipulating dns records on the fly, I don't even think you can do this with string matching since string matching lets you check for a string, not manipulate it.

I really wonder why views aren't scalable, maybe there is another solution, I always draw my stuff out on paper (yes REAL paper :)) and visualize it that way, then find easier solution by looking at the picture. Views in Bind are meant for this kind of thing , different access control from different ips give you different results. Would you mind sharing some more info? maybe the amount of views you are handling etc. Maybe someone comes up with a more streamlined idea?

cheers
sorry, just my 2 cents

//Flosse
http://blog.2blocksaway.com