Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: cymphonix

From: lee () wcnyh org
Date: 23 Nov 2006 02:53:51 -0000

I saw it action for the first time at InterOP NYC - Jacob Javits Center and I was EXTREMELY impressed!  If it wasn't
for the GUI being so powerful and its turn-key purpose, I would of returned it after 2 days!  Currently I am running
7.3.2 (2 patches) as a 30day demo that just got extended to 60 days due to minor outstanding bugs with the database and
GUI.  The 7.0 release was premature and contained approx. 30 bugs, half of which were fixed in 7.3.2.  Version 7.3.5 is
due out Dec 1 and its supposed to correct all my reported bugs.

Email notifications were removed prior to the release of 7.0, but are on the roadmap for Dec06.  Along with a dozen or
so, new features (i.e. custom content filter categories, custom URLs).

Tech is dedicated and responsive to all my reported bugs/issues.  So responsive, that they are sending me a seperate
free personal appliance just to test for them.

I am a long time WEBsense customer and I am looking at Cymphonix, Networkengines, and Finjan as a single replacement
"appliance" solution for my all Internet traffic.  WEBsense offers more flexibility with content categories and
notifications.  Finjan offers a identical features as Cymphonix, but with the addition of application behavior threat
detection.  Overall, if Cymphonix can iron out a few minor database and GUI bugs and incorporate the new features I
requested--it will be a solid winner!