Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: advice for ccna certification

From: Kevin white <kwhite () ci collierville tn us>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:02:01 -0600

I'm preparing for this test as well and I'd say hand's on experience is
the best helper.

I'm going through techskills and while I'm not impressed with this locations
mentors the course material has been well organized and there are both
simulations and labs that cover all of the material.  The main book we have
is the McGraw-Hill CCNA Study Guide by Richard Deal and it seems to cover the
info really well.  I'm disappointed with the CD included with that book as it's
all crippled software (boson products).  Other than that we're given
plenty of time to go though the course and have been extremely
understanding with my work schedule and the time allotted to finish this
class.

You might also check out the cisco learning connection at cisco.com
to help prepare for the test.  If you've had hands on with the ios
products for a year or more 80% of what I've seen for "material content"
should fly right by.  Of course what happens in the real world may not
apply to the test ;)

Kevin