Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to create security awareness in top management

From: David Jacoby <security () outpost24 com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:57:56 +0200

Hi!

Im sorry to say that i don't have a good source for this kind of information, i
just want to make a small note here, remember that the statistics that you
find is only for reported incidents, there are probably ALOT of incidents which
is not reported.

What you can check for is also incidents such as defacements. I think Zone-H
http://www.zone-h.com is the largest defacement mirror at the moment. If i
were you i would also contact anti-virus vendors and ask them if they have
some kind of statistics.

Best regards,
David Jacoby

itsec.info wrote:
Hi all

I am looking for statistics and numbers about incidents etc. in order to raise the Security awareness.

It sounds odd but through google I was not able to find some good data and which are not older than 1 year.

Does anybody know a good source for this kind of information?

--
Thanks very much for your help.
Regards,

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

--
David Jacoby
Vice President Customer Experience

phone: +46-(0)455-612311
fax  : +46-(0)455-13960
email: dj () outpost24 com

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s)
please note that any for of distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in
error please return it to the end.