Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Allowing Non admin users to install approved software

From: "Scott Ramsdell" <Scott.Ramsdell () cellnet com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:13:14 -0400

Gary,

Active Directory will automatically elevate the rights of the install
process if applications are assigned to the user through GPO Software
Installation policies.  (Sorry not to have mentioned this earlier.)

So, users who aren't admins can receive and install software from AD.

IMHO, Microsoft did a great job simplifying the software distribution
aspect of Windows administration.

Best Regards,
Scott Ramsdell