Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Good SPAM filter for Outlook for use in a small non-profite ORG

From: iamdotcomguy () yahoo com
Date: 22 Sep 2006 18:20:30 -0000

If you have your own domain name I would highly recommend the free e-mail service for domains.  When we signed up in
the private beta period it was called G-Mail for Domains, now it's part of their Apps for Domains.

https://www.google.com/a/

We've been using it since about February of '06 and the drop off of Spam has been DRAMATIC!

Over the weekend our general e-mail box was receiving 150-200 Spam messages. This was with Spam Assasin activated at
the ISP.  After the switch to Google, we receive about 20-25 Spam messages over the weekend.

We have received zero e-mail messages with Virus attachments since we made the switch.

Needless to say the other users around have been delighted with the fact that they don't have to shield their eyes when
they open their inbox.

By the way, the price is perfect for a small non-profit....it's free.

Good luck