Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: RE: Value of certifications

From: "nate kelly" <nate.kelly.linux () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:45:39 -0400

Here is my certification conundrum, I am 21 , far too young to have
gained any more than a few years experience, I am working very hard to
break into the security field, I am currently working toward my MCSE+S
and plan to take as many certification tests as possible (they are
paid for and I love tests). I know that employers would be a bit weary
hiring such a young MCSE because I don't have the amount of hand on
experience as others that are older, but my plan was to get my certs
to show that I am capable of comprehending the concepts, is this an
appropriate approach or will people look at my certs and assume that
they must be just paper on account of my age? is this a flawed
approach? would it be a good idea to present my certifications with
this disclaimer?

        -Nate

On 27 Apr 2007 19:46:10 -0000, purpleslog () gmail com