Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: Value of certifications

From: "Jason P. Rusch" <saltynetguru () infosec-rusch com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:54:03 -0400

OK this thread is being beat to death when it should be very simple and
short discussion, lets state the obvious and let this thread die.

Certification's

      * show a baseline of knowledge in the subject area and career
        drive
      * are helpful in getting interviews
      * you do learn alot in preparation of most exams.
      * they are not useless or a waste of time and are helpful in
        career advancement (same as a degree)
      * a cert. does not make you an expert or even mean you can apply
        infosec in the real world environments
      * some people with high level certs have no true understanding of
        infosec in practical terms

Done, did I leave anything out,

--
Sincerely