Security Basics mailing list archives

Security Awareness inhouse - Tips and Tricks?

From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 20:30:17 +0400

So, part of my new job profile is to undertake security awareness training within our (over a dozen) departments ranging from Mechanical Engineers, to civil and telecommunications, HR. Finance etc.

The maximum slot that I can squeeze from their head of departments (attendance to be made mandatory) would be about 60 minutes.

I have set up a website (Intranet) with latest threats and FAQ's (like, is my online browsing monitored etc), but for this 60 minutes session, I was wondering, what are the best ways to make it engaging and interesting for these non-IT guys, so that they return next time.

Would Bluetooth hacking, password sniffing etc hold them to their seats? Phishing demo/Credit card fraud etc.

Can anyone help me with stuff to go about it? All and any inputs are appreciated fir I know there would be lots of guys around here who have been there and done that but this would be my first time.

Regards