Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Awareness inhouse - Tips and Tricks?

From: <lalit.gupta () bt com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:01:21 +0100

 Hi,

I faced the same situation in one of my previous jobs. I had exactly 60
minutes for these non-IT people to be made aware of security awareness.

I started with organizations security objectives, some policies / do'es
& don'ts of security policy. Then I shared some real-life examples about
hacking, phishing, sniffing, good & bad passwords, good & bad practices
on internet, spam mails & their consequences, incident types and their
effects etc.

Most of these sessions became very inter-active, with people sharing
their own experiences, and mostly I had to stretch beyond 60 minutes on
audience request. Another benefit I had of these sessions were, people
became pro-active fro information security and my life became easy :)

I am not sure, how much this will help in your particular scenario, but
thought it would be better to share my experience.

Regards,

Lalit Gupta
+91-9910634863