Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: Bank Exploit

From: "izak.integrative" <izak.integrative () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:59:14 -0400

Sorry Warren,

For the Email directed at you address.

-----Original Message-----
From: izak.integrative [mailto:izak.integrative () gmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:58 PM
To: 'Warren V Camp'
Subject: RE: Bank Exploit

Guys,

I have been in the same position two years ago. We rolled up a porn network
which was exploited by open servers on the I-NET. This happened on the Dutch
Antilles and Netherlands. I hacked an IIS servers by "accident" en saw that
there were dropped on frequently basis child porn videos. I saw the hole and
contacted the ISP next day the law firm on which it was placed called the
police on me and wanted me in jail. Now I have tried to explain that I did
that to inform and not to damage. I left my IP and name on the logs there.
There was no way that they believed me. They wanted to arrest me but when
the dutch investigators came and I explained that I was able to reach files
from the outside on a server with file sharing etc, I was only warned. Still
the frustration is in me. To make a long story short I have been warning
these people for almost 4.5 years and I still don't know what it is but it
keeps going in the direction that I am the bad guy.

My advice is going to HQ of the Bank and tell them concerning the incident.
If they argue what your business is to try to scan and penetrate which
normally should be done with permission, one should say, in this time of
electronics I should be glad that people would tell me if I was vulnerable
without exploiting it. If you follow this procedure , there will not be a
court in the world that convict you. In law they have to make clear what
your intentions were and what kind of damage you have done. If this is
nothing and only advice with honoury intentions no worry you should be proud
on your self and F them. They still do not get the picture that a computer
is a weapon.
but please do not be afraid to tell them or if not do not speak of it again.
Let them bleed.

But never forget people fear not only what the do not know or understand but
the faulty actions in telling people that using banking applications is safe
is the most scariest thing for banks. They are like doctors never give in to
the fault.

If we keep on having this fear of sharing the knowledge we will have
problems coming.

Guys, I and not only I but also people who I referred to this community
learned so much about security that they appreciate when you call in. And I
am talking of a bank now and trust offices. So keep on the good work and
please do not come with the stories of I am afraid. We have a duty to call
in. Otherwise you have to use it ............ and choose a different colour
hat.

Thnx

Ice