Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restricting Open Proxies

From: "Jay" <jay.tomas () infosecguru com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:53:04 -0400

I think there is some confusion. Either on my part or some of the other posters. The issue is not they are getting out
of the network through an open proxy, at least I hope not, because if thats the case then they have bigger problems
with network config.

The issue is that once they go out their proxy they hit another one to obfuscate where they are coming from. However,
by going thorugh the open proxy they danger themselves up to information leakage/interception which was the original
concern.

Perhaps the original poster can clarify?

Jay