Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP experience Question

From: Sajed Naseem <sajednaseemunix () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:42:57 -0400

David/Bruce,

I am so glad this discussion is happening on this forum. It is awesome! No lying, cheating, deception clause needs to be desperately added to the technology profession.

Regards,
-SN

David Harley wrote:
I would think that endorsing someone you don't know could backfire if they turn out to not have the experience you vouched for

Or worse. I quite agree. What I was trying to say, I think, is that if you
endorse someone you don't know (or don't know well enough) for a cert that
requires its holders to be honest and ethically aware, that in itself is
ethically questionable.

In practical terms, ethical issues are among the crucial issues for our professional. If you show questionable ethical judgment how much can the rest of your work be trusted?

Couldn't agree more.