Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anyone plans for CISSP-ISSMP?

From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 05:11:01 +0400

Hi Ali

If you ask me why not ISSAP then I may even wonder about why not ISSEP (expertise in engineering) though it's a bit more US centric according to it's syllabi.

But yes..I agree ISSMP and ISSAP are more broader and tecnical but the aim of every security professional is to move into management, if he\she hasn't already.

ISSEP has an official ISC2 CBK course guide too, unlike ISSAP and ISSMP, I wonder why is that?

Now, I have met this guy who happens to be a pro in security and been in the field for years. He took the review seminal in Finland and then the exam and guess what...couldn't make it. He was surprised...very much surprised at his failure and me too.

And that's the reason I don't intend to take it lightly, given the fact that unlike, CISM, exhaustive course guides and sample representative questions/answers database doesn't exist.

When I enquired this guy who couldn't make it through ISSMP exam, about what would be change in his study mechanism that he didn't do last time, he said that he would concentrate on stuff available from NIST website. (http://csrc.nist.gov/)

But that stuff is huge and enormous.
And that's the reason for my posting.