Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Massive failed FTP attempts.

From: James Finnican <jfinnica () bebe com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:47:22 -0700

I use Filezilla FTP Server. Filezilla has an option that allows you to block an IP for a certain period of time after a
certain number of unsuccessful login attempts. Currently, I ban an IP for 24hrs after 10 attempts.

You are going to have to check your FTP server software for any options that might allow you to set rules allowing this
function.

James