Security Basics mailing list archives

Metadata Analyzer

From: "Michael Condon" <mjc001 () juno com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:19:09 -0600

Does anyone know of a Metadata Analyzer that will work on Vista and also on Open Office documents? I've tried Metadata Analyzer from http://www.smartpctools.com, and I think it has a beef with Open Office, which in my opinion is a huge loophole. I installed the time bomb trial version of MS Office, changed & saved a document, and all is OK, except the .doc file association is still linked to Open Office. Does EnCase have a Metadata analyzer as a part of its suite of software, and does it play nice with both MS Office and Open Office? Michael Condon