Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How safe / unsafe is Free Open WiFi?

From: "Scott Race" <srace () jdaarch com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:58:36 -0700

Actually, even more of a concern is Windows hacking.  I have seen thousands of computers with either blank admin
passwords and/or blank user passwords, etc.  The user often doesn't even know their admin pass is blank (or that there
is an admin acct).  And without a software firewall (or one that is properly configured), C$ is but a few keystrokes
away.

Scott