Security Basics mailing list archives

ABA Resolution on Digital Forensics and the DFCB

From: "Dave Kleiman" <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:54:55 -0500

Hi all,

I had the opportunity to provide a webcast on the ABA Resolution and the Digital Forensic Certification Board.

Any of you local to Orlando, the International Association of Security and Investigative Regulators (IASIR) annual
meeting the 2008 IASIR Conference (http://www.iasir.org) is being hosted in Orlando, FL, Nov. 5-7 2008.

Jody Westby (http://www.globalcyberrisk.com chair of the American Bar Association's Privacy and Computer Crime
Committee), one of the drafter's of the ABA resolution, will be presenting along with me and several other key Digital
Forensic Experts, on 06 November, 1000-1100 EST. Hopefully we can get the word out about the differences between
Digital and Multimedia Forensics and PI work.

There was entire online "summit" dedicated to Digital Forensics, however the majority of the presentations appeared to
be on legal holds and e-Discovery preparedness.

The webcasts on demand:

ABA Resolution on Digital Forensics and the DFCB is here:  http://www.brighttalk.com/webcasts/1299/play

All the Digital Forensic presentations are here:
http://www.brighttalk.com/webcasts/search/%2522Digital%2520Investigation%2520Summit%2522/status/recorded

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.ComputerForensicExaminer.com
4371 Northlake Blvd #314