Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Corporate policy question - Personal Laptops

From: Rodrigo Gutiérrez Burgos <replugge () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:51:27 -0400

The laptop is not the property of your company so i don't think you have the right to touch it, Does your security policy say something about this? I would sue you for hacking if you access my personal computer without my authorization. If you wipe it, i would sue you about the 6 million dollar project that was in it.

I recommend that you ask the former employee if you can wipe the hard drive (make sure your get it written and signed), just tell him that this will allow you to ship the computer today, otherwise he'll have to wait until you get a answer from legal dept.

Rod.-