Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: whole disk encryption on multi boot laptop

From: Tony Stead <stoneyted77 () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:58:48 +0100

Paul,

To avoid rebuilding the machine and to maintain operating system
compatibility I think you will need to use a hardware based disk
encryptor.  You will need to swap the hard-disk over in your laptop,
but once you do that you just need to image onto the drive and all
your settings will be carried over.

A range of drives with FIPS 140-2 and CAPS security evaluations are
available from Stonewood.

http://www.stonewoodgroup.co.uk/index.php/encryption/

Best Regards,

Tony Stead.