Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: People on Google Security blog don't understand cyber terrorism

From: <josephhammond () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:39:19 -0400

"Terrorism" also encompasses the mental aspect Andrew. Unfortunately in our
world someone who wants his or her way and has no stopping points such as a
bomb or stealing arms from a military to distribute for money to fund his or
her groups of "whatever" both match the definition. A bomb is only one small
section. How about waking up in the morning and going to a small office for
the federal government and being scared to open the mail because someone
might have added in a powder of anthrax mix on the paper. This is also a
major form of psychological warfare and terrorism of which we are still
seeing in the US today.

The literal definition of terrorism:

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.
Any form, any place, by any group or person.

Remember the tomatoes in mexico, the pig flu, the anthrax, bombing scares of the early ninetees and of course remember 9/11. Is it now a view of the world id because of the press and the way something is reported that when an American feels he and his country are in the right by protecting our freedoms as we have since the beginning in 1776 and the war prior that he is a person who interferes in the rest of the world or is it that we (US) are not just viewed as another country but the country that has the world economy in its pocket. We the people of the united states never formed a country over the "world" money or even the "world" but over large groups of people wanting freedoms which at that time were not allowed. To protect those freedoms and to protect our own lives and even souls. Views are psychologically controlled just as much as any form of human thought.

We are not the saviors of the world, while we like to be, no culture that has ever thought this has survived. Until the United States realizes that fact and looks around at itself at some of our own poor and impoverished we will always be victims of the outside world no matter how strong. To give in kindness and to help is just and human, but to allow oneself to be destroyed by the world viewpoint is foolish I think.