Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: People on Google Security blog don't understand cyber terrorism

From: "Murda" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:31:51 +1000

Sorry, Tamer, I think you may have misunderstood this phrase:
I got a nasty note from said sysadmin

I’m assuming that David intended for this to mean ‘the sysadmin in question
or the aforementioned sysadmin,’. It doesn’t mean that the sysadmin’s name
was Said(or Saeed or any permutation thereof).

‘It appears that there has been a miscomprehension of said word,’ would be
an example of its usage in this context.

Incidentally(and coincidentally) my response would be the same as David’s no
matter what the sysadmin’s name was…even if he was a Dick. The chain email
has the hallmarks of a hoax.