Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall and ips theory, resource

From: aaa () bbb com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:15:26 -0600

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/search/1,293876,sid14,00.html?query=firewall&x=0&y=0 - This is a search for
firewalls on techtarget.com.  They have LOTS of material that would meet your needs.  Search around on it.  Although it
is not arranged in book form, the site probably all the info as you are looking for.  A good place to start would this
tutorial:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid14_gci1127065,00.html : Firewall Architecture Tutorial

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6098592.html?tag=rbxccnbtr1
http://downloads.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=241759 - Get an in-depth look at Vista Firewall's advanced
config features

http://www.pentest.es/checkpoint_hack.pdf - Check Point Secure Platform Hack (219 pgs).
 "An uncensored real-time time-line of how I exploited a vulnerability in a kernel hardened EAL4+ certified firewall"

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~alexliu/home.html - "Diverse Firewall Design" and many other academic papers on firewalls and IP

http://www.itsecurity.com/buyers-guides/firewall-buyers-giude/ - The IT Security Firewall Buyer's Guide

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid14_gci1093527_tax299825,00.html?track=NL-422&ad=548058USCA&adg=299807&uid=4739563
 - Firewall Learning Guide

http://search.us-cert.gov/search?q=firewall&entqr=0&ud=1&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&hq=inurl%3Awww.us-cert.gov%2F&site=default_collection
 - US-CERT website, search for firewall

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/guide/securitySchool/0,296293,sid14_gci1244954,00.html -  Integration of
Networking and Security School (many linked pages)

http://downloads.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=173410 - This sample chapter, taken from McGraw-Hill's
Hacking Exposed, Fifth Edition,

http://cio.webbuyersguide.com/resource/resourceDetails.aspx?id=2530 - Beyond Firewalls and IDS’s: A Buyer’s Guide to
Effective Intrusion Prevention Systems

http://downloads.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=240906 - MS Windows XP Inside Out Deluxe, Ch 7 Security
Essentials, Blocking Intruders with Windows Firewall.

Search on the "Jericho Forum", this is an organization that proposes that firewalls are obsolete, security should be
focused on all corporate endpoints rather than a perimeter

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1