Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NAC solutions

From: flanny16 () gmail com
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:56:38 GMT

We have been looking at this for a few years. Cisco NAC, Bradford, Microsoft NAP, Juniper, Forescout and Packetfence.
The are similar but there are differences, like disolvable/permanent agents, VLAN steering etc so do you backround
checks on the NAC solutions.
Next, think about remediation, so what do you want to enforce on the endpoint that is trying to connect to your
network. Once they pass what access are they granted(ACL). After that you have to specify what access they get if they
fail, I.e. locked down VLAN with Intenet port 80.
I believe you have to weigh your needs, technical/business/vision against the cost of a NAC solution and when you do
get it in play, I suggest having it in monitoring mode to begin with and then start locking it down after you find out
what is on your network.

Good luck.

IMHO,
Flanny

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1