Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: keeping data safe offline

From: Сергей Мурылев <DemonImp13 () mail ru>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:11:22 +0400

Hi Erki,

You mentioned in your mail famos problem of encryption: key storing.
This is weakness by design. But you can't get rid it, because you need
access from your application. Actually, you can use other hardware key
(for example with secret algorithm) to improove your system. It will
garantee that only owner of concrete hardware key can access to data.
But it can't garantee that data can't be copied form usb device.
Similarly it will increase cost of your product.

---
Thanks,
Sergey