Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SQL Storing Passwords?

From: Greg Merideth <gmerideth () uclnj com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:07:20 +0000

If it ends in an "=" sign it's more than likely base64 encoded text.  It could have been encrypted before and then
stored in base64 so it may be gibberish but try running it through a base64 decoder and see what you get.

Greg Merideth
President/Chief Problem Solver
United Computer Technologies
gmerideth () uclnj com