Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sun's security mailing lists

From: Mark.Graff () Corp Sun COM (Mark Graff)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 15:29:57 PST

Brad is right... and I've already got several messages now from people using
that old form and contact info instead of the stuff I wrote and posted here
at the end of the Bulletin last night.

Normally I wouldn't fill up this mailing list with non-technical stuff like
this. Sorry. But since the wrong information was posted I really think we
need to correct it before too many people get misled. So I will append that
section again.

Remember, please leave the posting of out-of-date, incorrect information
to us--we're the experts!

Mark Graff
Sun Security Coordinator

p.s. If you have any questions, please contact me... but let's take this
off-line now--OK?

 Brad Powell wrote:

Whoa......

I haven't been the contact person for a couple of years now,
I'm currently tracking bad-guys,teaching, and writing tools.

burn/delete/eat that last message!! or at least change the contact info to

Mark Graff is the current software security coordinator.

===> BEGIN EXTRACT OF SECURITY BULLETIN #124
V. How to report or inquire about Sun security problems

   If you discover a security problem with Sun software or wish to
   inquire about a possible problem, contact one or more of the
   following:

      - Your local Sun answer centers
      - Your representative computer security response team, such as CERT
      - This office. Address postal mail to:

        Sun Security Coordinator
        MS MPK2-04
        2550 Garcia Avenue Mountain
        View, CA 94043-1100

        Phone: 415-688-9081
        Fax:   415-688-9101
        E-mail: security-alert () Sun COM

VI.  How to obtain Sun security bulletins

     A. Subscription information

     Sun Security Bulletins are available free of charge as part of
     our Customer Warning System. It is not necessary to have a Sun
     support contract in order to receive them.

     To subscribe to this bulletin series, send mail to the address
     "security-alert () Sun COM" with the subject "subscribe CWS
     [mail-address]" and a message body containing affiliation and contact
     information. To request that your name be removed from the mailing
     list, send mail to the same address with the subject "unsubscribe CWS
     [mail-address]". Do not include other requests or reports in a
     subscription message.

     Due to the volume of subscription requests which we receive, we cannot
     guarantee to acknowledge or execute requests which are not in the
     format described above. Normally we will acknowledge your request
     within 24 hours of receipt.

     If you would like your bulletin delivered via postal mail or fax,
     please contact this office directly to make arrangements.
===>END EXTRACT