Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CERT Advisory - wuarchive ftpd Trojan Horse

From: alastair () cadence com (Alastair Young)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 12:28:17 -0800

At  1:56 PM 4/6/94 -0400, Christopher Klaus wrote:

Yikes.  Here is something you might want to take fast action against.

I wish CERT would have posted more details though.
like how the trojan worked or where it was or what sites
contained copy of it.  how do i know the newest version
2.3 has no already been modified?

Check your source for the string '"NULL"' ie the word NULL in double quotes.

We have an older version (2.1a) which appears to be clean.

Al

Alastair Young                                     _ 2 Ariel NH Red Hunters
Cadence Design Systems, Information Services     )/___     _
555 River Oaks Parkway, 4B1                    __/(___)_*##/c 56 Red Menace
San Jose CA 95134         Fax: (408)894-3487  / /\\|| \ /  \
alastair () cadence com           (408)428-5278  \__/ ----'\__/ 49 TwinportKit
These statements and opinions are mine, not those of Cadence Design Systems