Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RPC protocol problem?

From: alx () CS bgu ac il (Alexander Haiut)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 15:53:16 +0200 (GMT+0200)

Dave Mitchell writes:
Anyway, am I correct in believing that the export bug only works if the
fileystem is exported to localhost, and not for the "real" local
hostname or aliases?

Dave.

It depends. On some systems, 127.0.0.1 maps to "localhost.their.domain"
while on others it just maps to "localhost"

If their mountd allows export to "*.their.domain", then theoretically,
localhost will be included.

Does this sound right?

-Peter

  Heh.. I thought the bug works in both cases, it means when filesystem
  is exported to localhost and to machine.domain... I could be wrong,
  but what for should I export filesystems of my machine to LOCALHOST
  (to machine itself) ?  Will somebdy correct me ?      Thanx...

        --alx.

  Alexander L. Haiut
  Ben-Gurion University of the Negev,
  Beer-Sheva, Israel