Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: letter bombs: enable-local-eval saves Emacs 19

From: gudu () winternet com (Michael Bresnahan)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 17:20 CST

  > So, to summarize, with the default settings Emacs 19 is NOT caught by
  > this sample bomb.

What about emacs 18 though?  I just tried out the script and it
worked.  At least, I think it worked.  It just deleted itself.  No
text was inserted into the buffer nor was anything echoed.  I don't
know enough (I know next to nothing) about elisp to understand what
the script is supposed to do (how does that go, Lost In a S(?) of
Paraentheses?).  After I added "(setq inhibit-local-variables t)" to
my .emacs file I was prompted before the script executed.

This behavior was not common knowledge to me and I'm a little
disconcerted that it is not well documented (if it is at all).

MikeB