Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: Sun Patch Id #102060-01

From: pwh () bradley bradley edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 94 18:30:25 -0600

Alain Durand wrote:

4.1.4 ??? I thought that 4.1.3_U1b was to be the very last release
of sunos4...

Does anybody have some info about sunos4.1.4?

We got a notice from our marketing rep that Solaris 1.1.2 (AKA 4.1.4?)
would be shipping shortly.  You either have to fill out a reply card that
Sun sent to some customers, or call in & ask for a copy, to get it.

I filled out the card, and when it didn't seem likely to arrive soon,
I called my local office and asked them to expedite it (I have a
window for upgrade on our main system of one week a year, between
Christmas & new years).

The people I spoke with were quick to point out that you don't buy
much over Solaris 1.1.1_U1 except to have a kernel for new HyperSparc
machines.  Notably, I was told that it doesn't have the patches integrated
into it, just along in a subdirectory on the CDROM.

So unless you've got HyperSparc, it sounds like you don't need to
worry excessively about it.