Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sun Patch Id #102060-01

From: pwh () bradley bradley edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 11:07:34 -0600

4.1.4 ??? I thought that 4.1.3_U1b was to be the very last release
of sunos4...
The people I spoke with were quick to point out that you don't buy
much over Solaris 1.1.1_U1 except to have a kernel for new HyperSparc
machines.  Notably, I was told that it doesn't have the patches integrated
into it, just along in a subdirectory on the CDROM.
Not what I heard from Mark Graff (A SUN Internal Security guy).
He indicates that the patches are integrated.  Now I have no
personal knowledge of this yet.

Several people have told me this, as well as the fact that the
name resolver is based on a newer version of BIND (4.8.3 from
memory, but that may be wrong) as well.

I guess the CE I was talking to was not quite up on things, though
that seems atypical for him.