Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: yes, there's another hole in BIND

From: perry () imsi com (Perry E. Metzger)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 13:00:11 -0400

Resident Hacker says:
no, i'm not going to tell anybody what it is until i've got it fixed.

I thought we went through this already - THIS IS A FULL DISCLOSURE
LIST. If you don't have anything to say now - try to hold it till you
have.

Actually, I can accept it from him, because

1) He's the package developer, and I wouldn't pillory someone who's
   software I have to use.
2) He used the magic words "until i've got it fixed". He's planning on
   telling everyone about it at the same time when he fixes it.
3) I get the impression this fix will be here very soon.

Perry