Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: wolves and sheep on the inet

From: abeckett () fmlrnd co uk (Andrew Beckett)
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 10:25:08 BST

In article DAA05138 () gravity science gmu edu, Tim Scanlon <tfs () science gmu edu> () writes:

      People are neither wolves nor sheep, but they are apperently rigid,
intolerant and close minded. This kind of presumtion is both foolish and
dangerous. The world is a complex place, and while making analogies offers
a tool to simplify it, it also simplifies it. Too often these sorts of
debates fall victim to sophmoric logical faults, most commonly those
associated with ambiguity & equivocation. As well it seems the argumentative
fallacies seem especialy prone to abuse, particularly Argumentum ad Hominem &
& False Cause fallacies.

lots of pretentious crap deleted

The world IS a complex place. False arguments on the net DO waste
bandwith.

                      Tim Scanlon

It's all very well proposing that we all give thoroughly rigorous arguments, but
as you say, most of us do not have a classical education. Therefore I suggest
you dont waste bandwidth with the dictionary that you swallowed, or waste our time
having to read this verbose twaddle.

Andrew Beckett.

* Andrew Beckett                  *                                   *
* Senior Design Engineer          *                                   *
* Fujitsu Microelectronics Ltd    *                                   *
* Highway House                   * phone    : (0628) 71116           *
* Norreys Drive                   * fax      : (0628) 773990          *
* Maidenhead. Berks SL6 4BW       * email    : a.beckett () fmlrnd co uk *